Tuesday 23 August 2011

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh

Rant #2

I've just set up my Amazon author page and linked this blog to it, thinking that it will help widen the publicity for my new novel The Eejit's Tale (Amazon ASIN B005HRSUHQ).

Can you imagine how pissed off I am to find that the blog feed on the Amazon author page has lumps of HTML code showing? And this is not the only case!!

If you want to try a sample of the book and you use a Kindle 3, you'll find that the sample looks like crap with the text and images all over the place.  Amazon unashamedly told me that 'this only affects the Kindle 3', the very piece of kit that samples are supposed to be displayed on.  What about that for marketing??

And if you use a Kindle to shop on the online store, you'll find that the description associated with the book has lumps of HTML in it too, making it a real dog's breakfast.

And the worst thing about this is that these folk obviously don't give a flying fuck! 'Enhanced customer experience' my ass!

No comments:

Post a Comment